If you are a highly motivated Controls System Engineer adept at designing complex automation controls, the Senior Control Systems Engineer position at AeroSpec may inspire the next important step in your career.
About AeroSpec, Inc.
AeroSpec is a global leader in innovative design, engineering, and manufacturing of automated assembly and test systems. Core competences include advanced high speed motion controls, precision component placement, precision custom metrology systems, machine vision, robotic systems and laser integration. AeroSpec is ISO 9001 compliant; provides CE certifications, UL markings, and FDA Medical & Pharmaceutical validation. For details of our equipment portfolio and capabilities, visit AeroSpec at www.AeroSpecinc.com
· Work in a highly collaborative, agile development environment of Control, Mechanical and Software professionals
· Responsible for specifying, designing and developing control systems for automated assembly and test equipment
· Projects range from Lean Equipment to Large Scale Integrated Control Systems
· Work directly with AeroSpec Project Managers and Clients
· Highly Competitive Compensation
· Established (36 years) Equipment Engineering Company
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Convenient Phoenix East Valley Location
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design control systems for a variety of assembly, test and facility applications including, lean equipment, large scale assembly and processing lines, specialized test equipment, and facilities control panels. These systems may contain, but are not limited to, PLCs, IPCs, industrial Ethernet networks, distributed I/O, drives, motors, sensors, industrial user interfaces, power management, surge suppression and interfacing with electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic system components.
- Participate in equipment conceptual development and carefully balance system specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Provide specific block diagrams and other graphic specifications to define all critical elements of the control system architecture. Be able to defend the system concept and component selection to client SMEs.
- Implement ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061 compliant control safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze and specify complex electrical and electromechanical components such as servos and robots. Provide Specification Control Drawings to establish specific requirement for suppliers.
- Interface with the mechanical engineering team; attend design reviews, provide feedback on control interfaces, make estimates of the timing and performance.
- Collaborate with the control systems software development group to ensure software meets design requirements for the proposed control system architecture.
- Using AutoCAD prepare detailed control system wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, pneumatics schematics, enclosure/back panel drawings, and parts lists. Participate in peer reviews of the system to ensure compliance with AeroSpec common practices.
- Collaborate with the company’s purchasing and operation staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received. Provide guidance and oversight when needed during panel fabrication and integration.
- Prepare the control system equipment for the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and perform system testing in accordance with the FAT protocols.
- Provide mentoring for junior controls engineers and integration technicians on various aspects of control system design and development.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional level hands-on experience specifying, designing, installing, testing, optimizing and commissioning complex industrial type automation and control systems for process control, industrial automation, themed entertainment or highly related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or other engineering degree augmented with relevant experience.
- Broad experience working with electrical and automation components from manufacturers such as Rockwell Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Phoenix Contact, Cognex, Square D, Festo, SMC, Wiedmueller, Wago, Hoffman, etc.
- Experience with common field devices commonly used in automation such as robots, laser systems, machine vision systems, indexers, pick and places, etc.
- Expert proficiency at integrating PLCs, IPCs, and HMIs into control systems.
- Extensive background with motion control using industrial drives, servomotors, stepper motors, linear motors, etc.
- Highly experienced with networking industrial automation systems and subsystems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards (UL508A, NFPA79, IEC, NEC).
- Expert proficiency using AutoCAD for electrical applications as well as control system mechanical components and fabricated parts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Desirable Additional Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley software for PLC and servo control.
- Understanding of machine vision functionality including programming software.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks Electrical.
- Background in Project Management of Control Panels and Systems. This includes, proposals, accountability for schedules and budgets, client interface and management, reports, etc.
- Experience in Agile Project Management such a Scrum Master, SME, Project Owner, etc.