Are you a highly motivated and experienced CNC prototype machinist? If so, the CNC Machinist position is the perfect fit for you! The CNC Prototype Machinist will perform a variety of tasks in the machine shop that will produce or repair precision parts using automated equipment and accurate measurements. This is a full time 1st shift position with operating hours of 7am-3:30pm with the opportunity for overtime in an air conditioned, state of the art facility in Chandler, AZ.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Select appropriate machines and position or lad material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine, etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature, and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating CNC Vertical Mills such as Haas, Doosan, Mazak, Yam or SMG
- Proficient reading blue prints and understanding specifications and GD&T.
- Capable of reading of reading manual measuring instruments.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing QA procedures and processes.
- Ability to program mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation.
- Analyze and diagnose machining, programming and tooling problems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Experience with CAD programs such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks a plus.
- Knowledge of programming Mills using SURFCAM is a definite plus.
- Manual mills and lathe experience a plus.
- Excellent growth and promotion opportunities
- Competitive wages, dependent on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and voluntary benefits
- 401k with company match
- Training opportunities
- Paid time off including, vacation, sick, and holidays
- Education reimbursement plan
About AeroSpec, Inc.
AeroSpec is a global leader in innovative design, engineering, and manufacturing of automated assembly and test machine systems. Core competences include advanced high-speed motion controls, precision component placement, precision custom metrology systems, machine vision and robot & laser integration. AeroSpec is ISO 9001 compliant; provides CE certifications, UL markings, and FDA Medical & Pharmaceutical validation. For details of our equipment portfolio and capabilities, visit AeroSpec at www.AeroSpecinc.com.