Are you looking for a company with an established commitment to design excellence? Are you a talented detailer looking to gain experience in a hands-on, rapid development/prototyping environment? If so, the SolidWorks Designer position at AeroSpec may be the ideal next step in your career.
- Work as part of a highly talented and energetic mechanical design team on creative solutions for manufacturing and automation equipment
- Under the direction of a senior Mechanical Design Engineer convert SolidWorks Models into manufacturing drawings.
- Provide support to machinists, toolmakers, fabricators, machine builders, inspectors and expeditors in processes required to manufacture custom machine and fabricated parts
- Competitive wage/benefit package
- Opportunity unparalleled technical growth in the disciplines of mechanical system design, mechanism design, mechatronics, tooling design and production equipment design
- World class facility located in beautiful east-valley Phoenix
- A technical or science based two-year or four-year degree
- A minimum of 2 years of mechanical design/detailing experience
- Highly proficient in SolidWorks 3D and associated Toolboxes
- Expert in dimensioning and tolerancing, experienced with GD&T dimensioning
- Capable of designing parts from 3D models, verbal concepts, written descriptions, and sketches
- A working knowledge of common machine shop techniques
- Familiar with a variety of measurement tools; Calipers, Radius and Thread Gauges, Coordinate Measuring Machines, Inspection Arms, Laser Scanners
- Familiar with the design principles behind machined parts, precision tooling, weldments, sheet metal fabrications
- Schedule oriented; able to make and achieve commitments
- Experience working as a machinist a plus; knowledge of manufacturing software a plus
- Experience working within a PDM or EDM environment a plus
- Experience working on an Agile or Scrum project team a plus
AeroSpec, Inc., a leader in the design and development of Aerospace, Automotive, Semiconductor and Medical Automated Equipment, provides an environment of great friendly people, challenging work, growth, and stability for the SolidWorks Designer. Founded in 1982, the firm is an established engineering company with 70 employees. Details of the company and its products can be viewed at www.aerospecinc.com.