Are you a highly motivated Controls Systems Engineer adept at designing complex automation controls? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge automation projects? If so, the Controls Systems Engineer position is the perfect step in your career!
AeroSpec, Inc. is seeking a talented Controls Systems Engineer to design and develop controls systems for automated assembly and test equipment for our cutting-edge automation projects. This individual will work in a highly collaborative agile environment of Control, Mechanical, and Software Engineers.
- Design control systems for a variety of assembly, test and facility applications including, lean equipment, large scale assembly and processing lines, specialized test equipment, and facilities control panels
- Participate in equipment conceptual development with clients and project managers
- Prepare detailed control system wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, pneumatics schematics, enclosure and panel modifications, and parts lists using AutoCAD
- Prepare and perform Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) for the control system equipment
- Implement ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061 compliant control safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment
- Provide mentoring for junior controls engineers and integration technicians on various aspects of control system design and development
- Assist the software team with component configuration and commissioning
- Assist the sales and project management teams by creating conceptual block diagrams and estimating material and labor costs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other engineering degree augmented with relevant experience
- Minimum 1+ years of hands-on experience specifying, designing, testing, optimizing and commissioning complex industrial type automation and control systems
- Broad experience working with electrical and automation components such as Rockwell Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Cognex, Festo, etc.
- Experience with common field devices commonly used in automation such as robots, laser systems, machine vision systems, indexers, pick and places, etc.
- Expert proficiency using AutoCAD for electrical applications as well as control system mechanical components and fabricated parts.
- Expert proficiency in integrating PLCs, IPCs, and HMIs into control systems
- Extensive background with motion control using industrial drives, servomotors, stepper motors, linear motors, etc.
- Highly experienced with networking industrial automation systems and subsystems
- Familiarity with one or more industrial communication protocols
- Team oriented work environment, skills training and mentorship provided
- Unique exposure to a variety of industries within the manufacturing sector
- Excellent growth and promotion opportunities
- Competitive wages, dependent on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and voluntary benefits
- 401k with company match
- Training and certification opportunities
- Paid time off including, vacation, maternity/paternity leave, sick, and holidays
- Education reimbursement plan
About AeroSpec, Inc.
AeroSpec is a global leader in innovative design, engineering, and manufacturing of automated assembly and test machine systems. Core competences include advanced high-speed motion controls, precision component placement, precision custom metrology systems, machine vision and robot & laser integration. AeroSpec is ISO 9001compliant. Visit our website at www.aerospecinc.com to explore the diverse breath of our technology, equipment and control panels. In the last two years we produced more than 3000 UL 508 Industrial Control Panels.