Location: Chandler, AZ and Tucson
Base Pay: DOE
Employee Type: Full-Time
Manage Others: No
Education: Technical Degree or equivalent
Experience: 7 – 15 years’ experience with control panel building, wiring and debugging industrial equipment.
3+ years in a lead or supervisory role.
Expires: Until Filled
If you are a highly motivated Industrial Electrician or Control Panel Builder, the Senior Machine Electrician position at AeroSpec may inspire the next important step in your career.
• Senior/Lead Position – “Playing Coach”
• Established (34 years) Engineering Company
• Full Time, Permanent, 1st Shift Position
• Extremely Competitive Wage
• Comprehensive Benefits with Solid Healthcare
• Convenient, NE Chandler Location
• Team Oriented, Small Company Work Environment
• 401K with Match
• Reports directly to the Controls Operations Manager
• Expect up to 25% Travel
Capable of leading the control panel fabrication and system wiring of large, custom, automatic assembly and test machines from the completion of mechanical build to power up. Interfaces with project engineers and electrical controls engineers to review control panel drawings and system schematics. Determines wire routing architecture and directs control panel builders and machine electricians accordingly. Enforces standard practices and wiring quality standards for each project. Estimates the overall scope of labor and provides inputs to Project Managers. Records and documents any drawing/schematics changes on project blueprints as directed by engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Must be able to build control panels and wire machines from blueprints, wiring schematics and custom specifications. Expect an exercise during the interview.
• Knowledge of electrical codes including 2014 NEC (NFPA 70), UL508a.
• Promote highest levels of workmanship and best practices in industrial wiring
• Possess strong communication skills to interface between controls engineering and electrical technicians.
• Proven ability to build teamwork.
• Understanding of the logistics and procurement challenges of control panel construction.
• Ability to provide feedback on prints and “redline” as appropriate.
• Must be able to use different types of electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems.
• Knowledge of electrical controls components commonly used in industrial control panels and automated equipment.
• Working knowledge of various Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC platforms, PanelViews and motion controls systems.
• Understand multiple sensing technologies including: Optical and proximity sensors, Laser sensors, and limit switches.
• Able to travel to support field installations or troubleshoot existing control panels and machine wiring.
• Experience as a machine builder a plus.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD in developing wiring schematics a plus.
• Technical Degree or equivalent and 7 – 15 years’ experience with control panel building, wiring and debugging industrial equipment.
• 3+ years in a lead or supervisory role.
Apply for this position:
If asked in for an interview, to expedite the process, you may download, print, and fill out our application form and bring it with you to your meeting with our HR staff.