Location: Chandler, AZ
Base Pay: DOE
Manage Others: No
Education Level: Technical or Science-based Two-Four Year Degree
Experience: 2+ Years experience in mechanical design
Expires: Until Filled
- Work directly with engineering team to create and support assembly-level and mechanical component 3D models for AeroSpec automation solutions
- Develop, review, and manage technical drawings with keen understanding of manufacturability
- Generate and design-in commercially available automation components such as robotics, laser systems, pneumatic automation, vision equipment, material handling, sensors, etc.
- Work collaboratively with an engineering project team to meet client requirements and maximize client business value
- Assist machinists, toolmakers, fabricators, machine builder, integrators and expeditors in production processes, debug, integration and commissioning
- Competitive wage/benefit package and opportunity for technical and career growth
- World class facility located in beautiful east-valley Phoenix
- A technical or science based two-year or four-year degree
- A minimum of 2 years of mechanical design experience
- Expert in SolidWorks 3D part modeling, assemblies, and 2D drawings with proven 2+ years of industry work experience
- Expert in dimensioning and tolerancing, experience with GD&T dimensioning
- Capable of designing tooling/components from verbal concepts, written descriptions, and sketches
- A working knowledge of common machine shop techniques
- Familiar with the design principles behind machined parts, precision tooling, weldments, sheet metal fabrications
- Schedule oriented; able to make and achieve commitments
- Past experience working as a machinist a plus; knowledge of manufacturing software a plus
- Experience working within a PDM or EDM environment a plus
- Experience working on an Agile or Scrum project team a plus
Are you looking for a company with an established commitment to design and engineering excellence? Are you a talented designer or drafter who works best in a hands-on, dynamic environment?
AeroSpec offers a unique, exciting environment for the designer and drafter by providing a wide variety of experience in Medical, Semiconductor, and Automotive Automation Factory Equipment; mechanical system design, mechanism design, tooling design, equipment design and shop drawing detailing in a near paperless engineering workflow system.
AeroSpec, Inc., a leader in the design and development of Semiconductor, Medical and Automotive Automated Equipment, provides an environment of great friendly people, challenging work, growth, and stability for the Mechanical Designer. Founded in 1982, the firm is an established engineering company with 50+ employees.
Apply for this Position:
If asked in for an interview, to expedite the process, you may download, print, and fill out our application form and bring it with you to your meeting with our HR staff.